Having a properly functioning suspension system is essential in maintaining the safety and performance of your vehicle. Without proper suspension, you may experience difficulty steering your car, frequent bouncing over bumps, and even tire wear that causes vibrations when driving. If you're noticing any of these issues or other signs of trouble with your suspension system, it's time to get it professionally inspected and repaired.
Common Signs You Need Suspension Repair
- 1. Uneven Tire Wear: If your tyres are wearing out unevenly, this may be an indication that the suspension system is unable to properly distribute the weight of your vehicle across all four corners of the car. This leads to more wear on certain tyres than others, and should be addressed as soon as possible.
- 2. Bouncy Ride: If you feel your car bouncing over bumps or potholes, this could mean that your suspension system is not able to absorb the shocks that occur when driving on uneven surfaces. This can lead to an uncomfortable ride for passengers, and more stress put on your vehicle's components. Bouncy ride is a sure sign your suspension system needs to be looked at.
- 3. Poor Steering: If you're having difficulty turning the wheel of your car or if it feels like it is slipping, it could be that the suspension system is no longer able to provide the proper amount of stability when driving. This can make steering more difficult, and should be addressed as soon as possible.
- 4. Leaking Fluid: If you notice any fluid coming from the suspension system, it is likely time to replace components of your vehicle's suspension system. This could mean replacing shocks or struts, depending on what type of leakage is occurring.
- 5. Poor Handling: If you're having difficulty manoeuvring your car, this could be an indication that the suspension system is not working correctly and needs to be repaired or replaced. You may notice more body roll when taking corners, as well as excessive dipping or leaning when accelerating or braking hard.
- 6. Vehicle Pulling: If you're feeling your car pulling or drifting to one side, this is a sign that the suspension system needs attention. This kind of movement can lead to loss of control and dangerous situations on the road, which is why it's important to have this issue inspected as soon as possible.
If you're noticing any of the signs mentioned above, it's important to have your suspension system inspected and repaired quickly. A properly functioning suspension system is essential in ensuring the performance and safety of your vehicle. If you need suspension repair, we invite you to bring your vehicle into our auto repair shop today!